Introduction: Welcome to Episode 58 of Profiles in Franceformation. I’m your host, Allison Grant Lounes, and this week, my very special guest is Amy Gruber. Amy is a former educator turned communications consultant who made the decision to begin her Franceformation in January 2020 – right before covid closed the borders. She finally received her Profession Libérale visa and moved from Michigan to Côtes d’Armor, Brittany, in November 2021, where she lives with her dog, Stella, and her cat, Albus. Amy has a blog, Tales from Brittany, where she writes about her life in France, she’s a contributor to the My French Life website, and, as one of our favorite clients, she also works with Your Franceformation on some of our writing projects. Welcome, Amy.
Amy talks about…
- The reason that motivates her to transfer to France.
- The idea on how she fell in love in Brittany.
- How she learned French before she totally settled in Brittany.
- How she ended working with Allison.
- The challenges she encountered in processing her transfer in France, especially during covid era.
- Her experience when she first got to France and her plans on how to get life moving, knowing that she will be in France for good.
- How she built her business in France so easily and even got more clients.
- The process she did in finding the first French client and how she showcased her business, talents and skills to potentially work with them.
- How she enjoys her life and works in French and how she finds the people in France, specially in Brittany.
- Why do you need to have furry friends particularly during the lonely time of your life?
You may reach her out through:
- on instagram: @agruber17
If you are considering moving to France like Daniel, Foolproof French Visas can help you navigate the path toward finding the right visa for you. It can be purchased here: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/books or in paperback on Amazon
If you would like to pursue your own Franceformation, you can also request a free 30-minute clarity call with Allison to review your visa options and decide how to move toward creating your ideal life in France: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/free-call
If you liked this episode, please leave a positive review and be sure to subscribe so you won’t miss next week’s episode!