Welcome to Episode #49 of Profiles in Franceformation. I’m your host, Allison Grant Lounes, and today, I’m speaking with Abby Héraud, who moved from Kansas to France in high school, and then came back after college to marry her French husband after their long-distance relationship. Throughout her time in France, she’s navigated working as a teacher, setting up a business during covid, and becoming a mom, and navigating the French school system. She lives in the South of France with her family and runs Spot on Services.
- What brought her to France as a high school student and what brought her back later on for a second time
- The administrative challenges she experienced when moving to France
- Her experience as a new mom during the first Covid lockdown
- How she set up her business working as a formatrice individuelle
- The differences between working in the public and private school systems in France
- Some of the challenges that exist in teaching and education
Click here to learn more about Abby’s business, Spot on Services: https://linktr.ee/Spot_On_Services_S.O.S
If you are considering moving to France like Abby, Foolproof French Visas can help you navigate the path toward finding the right visa for you. It can be purchased here: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/books or in paperback on Amazon.
If you would like to pursue your own Franceformation, you can also request a free 30-minute clarity call with Allison to review your visa options and decide how to move toward creating your ideal life in France: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/free-call
If you liked this episode, please leave a positive review and be sure to subscribe so you won’t miss next week’s episode!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts. Subscribe on Spotify.