Welcome to Episode #45 of Profiles in Franceformation! This is your host, Allison Grant Lounes, and this week, I’m speaking with Patricia Brooks, who moved to France on a visitor visa in 2018 to learn French and write her book, before deciding to stay and launch her business as a life coach. In this episode, we talk about the courage it takes to leave your home and your comfort zone behind, and to navigate the many new daily challenges of life in a foreign country and a different language.
Patricia also talks about:
- How she fell in love with the French language
- What encouraged her decision to move to France and how she feels about the challenges associated with living in a new country
- The exhilarating feeling she experiences while navigating her life in France successfully conversing in French
- Some of the administrative challenges she experienced when she first arrived in France
- Her experience setting up her business in France
- What she enjoys most about living in France
- How she has made friends and connections since her move to France
- Some of the cultural and societal differences she has noticed between the US and France
- Her work as a coach for women wishing to move abroad
- What advice she would give to anyone wishing to move to France or to move abroad
- Offers suggestions of what to do when visiting the south of France
Check out Patricia’s YouTube channel for more information about her coaching business: https://www.youtube.com/c/PatriciaBrooksCarefreeExpat
If you are considering moving to France like Patricia, Foolproof French Visas can help you navigate the path toward finding the right visa for you. It can be purchased here: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/books or in paperback on Amazon.
If you would like to pursue your own Franceformation, you can also request a free 30-minute clarity call with Allison to review your visa options and decide how to move toward creating your ideal life in France: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/free-call
If you liked this episode, please leave a positive review and be sure to subscribe so you won’t miss next week’s episode!