Welcome to Episode #40 of Profiles in Franceformation. I’m your host, Allison Grant Lounes, and this week, we’re speaking with Marie Grout, an American who has lived outside of the US since age 19, who raised three children in 8 different countries, and who is now retired with her French husband near Versailles, France. Since moving to France, she has been active with the American Church in Paris, and is a main organizer of the Bloom Where You’re Planted orientation that has welcomed expats and English-speaking immigrants to Paris for over 50 years. In this episode, we talk about how Marie keeps getting involved and her passion for helping others adapt to a new country and way of life wherever she goes. Welcome, Marie!
During my conversation with Marie, you’ll also learn…
- How Marie came to find herself at the American Church in Paris and working with the Bloom Where You’re Planted organization
- Marie’s first experiences with Bloom and how things have evolved since then
- What challenges Marie faced when applying for her carte de séjour
- The changes that Marie and Allison have observed over the years when it comes to immigration in France
- Why Marie always tries to speak the native language as a guest in a host country
- Her experience raising three children in various countries
- Marie’s thoughts on being part of an expat community
- What she’s most looking forward to about the upcoming Bloom Where You’re Planted event
For additional information on the upcoming Bloom Where You’re Planted event, check out the following link: https://www.acparis.org/bloomhome
If you are considering moving to France like Marie, Foolproof French Visas can help you navigate the path toward finding the right visa for you. It can be purchased here: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/books or in paperback on Amazon.
If you would like to pursue your own Franceformation, you can also request a free 30-minute clarity call with Allison to review your visa options and decide how to move toward creating your ideal life in France: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/free-call
If you liked this episode, please leave a positive review and be sure to subscribe so you won’t miss next week’s episode!