Welcome to Episode 37 of Profiles in Franceformation. I’m your host Allison Grant Lounes, and in this episode, my guest is Caroline Connor, also known as Wine Dine Caroline, a Lyon-based British American wine expert, who went from winning the Oxford-Cambridge Blind Wine Tasting Competition when she was in school to starting a career in food and wine in France, becoming a WSET level 4 while sharing her passion for France’s wine industry. Caroline is currently sharing her passion for gourmet food and fine wine by hosting the Terroir Podcast, running wine tastings in Lyon and organizing a week-long gastronomy and wine retreat, to invite us to experience France’s food and wine capital in style.
In this conversation with Caroline we’ll learn about:
- What brought her to Lyon and how she first began her business in the wine industry
- What tourists can expect when visiting Lyon or joining a culinary or wine tour in Lyon
- Caroline’s tip for dining more affordably at a Michelin star restaurant
- The culinary world of Lyon
- The importance of terroir and what it can mean for a food or wine
- How Caroline likes to teach others about wine through comparative wine tasting
- What launched Caroline’s career in 2009
- Caroline’s reasons as to why she enjoys living in France so much
- The sustainability of local French wine and produce
- What challenges Caroline has faced since moving to France and establishing her life in Lyon
- Caroline’s recommendations for someone planning to visit Lyon and her advice for anyone planning to move to France
To visit Caroline’s website or social media pages, please use the following links:
Facebook: Wine Dine Caroline
Pinterest: Wine Dine Caroline
The Terroir Podcast: https://www.winedinecaroline.com/podcast
If you’re interested in signing up for Caroline’s retreat this October: https://www.winedinecaroline.com/french-wine-tours-retreats/lyon-french-wine-tour/
If you are considering moving to France like Caroline, Foolproof French Visas can help you navigate the path toward finding the right visa for you. It can be purchased here: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/books or in paperback on Amazon.
If you would like to pursue your own Franceformation, you can also request a free 30-minute clarity call with Allison to review your visa options and decide how to move toward creating your ideal life in France: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/free-call
If you liked this episode, please leave a positive review and be sure to subscribe so you won’t miss next week’s episode!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts. Subscribe on Spotify.