Welcome to Episode #33 of Profiles in Franceformation, I’m your host, Allison Grant Lounes and in today’s episode, I speak with Lindsay Poelman, a life coach from Utah who moved to the Côte d’Azur with her husband and three children. She talks about how she first came on a visitor visa, then returned to the US to apply for a profession libérale visa so she and her husband could operate their online businesses from France, serving clients all over the world while living five minutes from the Mediterranean coast.
We’ll also hear about…
- How a three month vacation to Europe changed the course of Lindsay and her family’s future
- How following the advice of a friend led to some challenges with her visa
- Lindsay’s decision to move specifically to the South of France and what she enjoys about living there
- What step Lindsay and her family took to integrate into their local French community
- The visa challenges that Lindsay experienced early in her new life in France
- How Allison helped Lindsay out of a sticky situation at the VFS office when applying for her visa
- Their shared love of the sea and ocean
- What parts of France Lindsay has visited and what she hopes to visit soon by means of an RV trip with her family
- Lindsay’s return trip to the US and what felt different about it since having lived in France for a period of time
- The different places in France that Lindsay likes to visit with guests
- An example of culture shock that Lindsay has experienced
- The advice Lindsay would give to anyone wanting to move to France
If you are considering moving to France like Lindsay, Foolproof French Visas can help you navigate the path toward finding the right visa for you. It can be purchased here: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/books or in paperback on Amazon.
If you would like to pursue your own Franceformation, you can also request a free 30-minute clarity call with Allison to review your visa options and decide how to move toward creating your ideal life in France: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/free-call
If you liked this episode, please leave a positive review and be sure to subscribe so you won’t miss next week’s episode!