Welcome to Episode #32 of Profiles in Franceformation. I’m your host, Allison Grant Lounes and this week I’m interviewing your American friend in Paris, Terrance Gelenter. Terrance was a native New Yorker who always felt like a European and was coming to France regularly and integrating himself into ex-pat life before making his move permanent in 2009. A man of many talents, Terrance is the author of a memoir, Paris par Hasard: From Bagels to Brioches, gives guided tours throughout France, hosts regular meetups at La Coupole in Paris and performs as a singer.
Terrance also explains:
- What books inspired his move to France and what happened that encouraged him to eventually move to France permanently
- How his book collection was also the thing to slow his decision in moving to France
- The unconventional process and route he took toward getting his visa
- How he tackled some of the challenges of moving abroad, such as finding an apartment or adjusting to the culture
- Some of his favorite things about living in France, especially the quotidien or day to day life
- How he began singing and performing in Paris
- If there is anything he really misses about home and the US since living in France
- His job here in Paris and how it has evolved over time into the successful business that it is today, catering to the specific needs and interests of his clients seeking a tour of Paris or France
- Recommendations to someone wishing to visit France and experience it similarly to the local French people
To learn more about about Terrance’s book, Paris par Hasard: From Bagels to Brioches or his guided tours, visit his website: http://www.paris-expat.com
If you are considering moving to France like Terrance, Foolproof French Visas can help you navigate the path toward finding the right visa for you. It can be purchased here: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/books or in paperback on Amazon.
If you would like to pursue your own Franceformation, you can also request a free 30-minute clarity call with Allison to review your visa options and decide how to move toward creating your ideal life in France: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/free-call
If you liked this episode, please leave a positive review and be sure to subscribe so you won’t miss next week’s episode!