Welcome to Episode #25 of Profiles in Franceformation. I’m your host, Allison Grant Lounes and this week, one year after our initial interview, I speak again with Richard Nahem, Paris tour guide and creator of Eye Prefer Paris. This week, we talk about how Paris has changed since Covid, how tourism has been bouncing back and the new project he has created while tours were not possible.
In this episode, we also talk about:
- What impact the pandemic has had on Richard’s tour guide business and the method of providing virtual tours of Paris that has proven to be quite successful
- How the pandemic has changed the tourism industry in Paris, as well as the changes we have noticed in shops, restaurants, museums within our local neighborhoods in Paris and the Parisian suburbs
- The accidental blog post that spurred a successful postcard business for Richard
- Other income streams that Richard has found or created in the last year
- Positive changes post-lockdown that Richard is enjoying about his neighborhood, the Marais, and some not so positive changes that have brought a lot of traffic to his neck of the woods
- The upcoming summer Olympics in Paris that has ramped up construction projects throughout the city
- Differences between the allotted vacation time in France and the US
To order your own set of Richard’s door postcards, be sure to check his Etsy store here
If you are considering moving to France like Richard, Foolproof French Visas can help you navigate the path toward finding the right visa for you. It can be purchased here: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/books or in paperback on Amazon.
If you would like to pursue your own Franceformation, you can also request a free 30-minute clarity call with Allison to review your visa options and decide how to move toward creating your ideal life in France: http://www.yourfranceformation.com/free-call
If you liked this episode, please leave a positive review and be sure to subscribe so you won’t miss next week’s episode!